Why become a volunteer?
We are always looking for reliable, fun, enthusiastic people to help us during Burgham International Horse Trials, you don’t need any experience or even be particularly horsey! If you are interested in volunteering we would be delighted to hear from you. Please email Martyn Johnson: email@example.com or phone/text 07900 231904.
Cross Country Jump Judging
This can be either Saturday or Sunday, and we ask jump judges to come for a whole day if possible, to minimise vehicles on the course and to avoid delays between classes.
The day typically starts with a full briefing at 8.00am and usually lasts until around 6.00pm, and each fence has 2 people judging, so you can come as a pair or we will find you a partner for the day.
We can give you all the training you need. See our Jump Judge Training page for more information.
Some of the benefits of volunteering to be a jump judge…
- Packed Lunch and regular drinks provided for the day you volunteer.
- Regular comfort breaks throughout the day as required.
- Free entry to the event for the WHOLE weekend.
- Free jump judge training to British Eventing standard
- Bacon Sandwiches at the briefing!!!!!!!