Burgham International Horse Trials (19-23 August) has received its biggest and most impressive set of entries in its history and, while the current government regulations governing sporting events mean that it is not open to the public this year, fans can still watch their heroes in action.
For the first time, the cross-country at Burgham on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 August can be viewed live on Horse & Country’s streaming service, H&C+. This includes the event’s feature class, the CCI4*-S, which takes place on Saturday and which is packed with megastars.
- The current World Champions, Ros Canter and Allstar B
- 2018 Badminton CCI5* winners Jonelle Price and Classic Moet
- 2017 Burghley CCI5* winners Oliver Townend and Ballaghmor Class
- 2019 Pau CCI5* winners and World Equestrian Games team gold medallists Tom McEwen and Toledo De Kerser
- 2018 Burghley CCI5* winners Tim Price and Ringwood Sky Boy
- The winners of the 2019 CCI4*-L events at Blenheim, Boekelo, Blair Castle, Bramham and Strzegom
That’s not to mention William Fox-Pitt’s top two rides, Little Fire and Oratio II, Nicola Wilson’s team gold and individual bronze medallist Bulana, Laura Collett’s 2017 Burgham CCI4*-S winner Mr Bass, and a constellation of other famous horses.
Extra days of competition have been added to Burgham – Northumberland’s equestrian showpiece – for 2020 due to the exceptionally high number of entries, and the event starts on Wednesday 19 August.
Martyn Johnson, Burgham’s Event Director, said: “It’s a real shame that we can’t welcome the public to Burgham this year – it’s going to be a fantastic event, and the incredible quality of the entries proves just how popular Burgham is with the best riders in the world. However, we are delighted to be partnering with H&C+ so that people can see the thrilling competition on display on Saturday [22 August] and Sunday [23 August]. It will also be available to watch on-demand after the event.”
To watch Burgham, go to https://handc.tv/stream-burgham to subscribe.